Leverage Video on Social Media
Creating video is easy. Even if you don’t want to be on camera, you can build awesome videos. Using today’s smartphone, anyone can be a videographer.
The starting point:
- Create videos with your smartphone
- Keep the phone horizontal (unless you are on snapchat, messenger or Instagram live!)
- Pick a subject
- Write 5 to 10 bullet points on a sheet of paper (REALLY BIG so you can read it)
- Then create your video – if you don’t want to be seen, make sure what you are sharing is relevant.
- Post the video
Sample video – Cory Little- Basketball
Next steps – Creating a 60 spot! Think of 30 to 60 seconds as a commercial. When you watch TV most commercial are 60 seconds or less.
- Create a few video clips with your phone
- If you have an iPhone add those videos to iMovie.
- If you have a droid phone consider ViviVideo to build your commercial (60 second spot)
- With these apps, you can shorten your clips and add the best parts of the video.
- You can also turn off sound, add music and add still pictures. I use wordswag, Over, grid apps, legend and quik to enhance my 60 second videos. Want to learn how? Click now and invest in your business.
Sample video – Parks in West Chicago
- It’s not required to plan your live video – but you can plan your live video using the “The Starting point”
- When you go live start talking even if no one joins you. Why? When you end your followers can watch the video later.
- Shorter live videos on Facebook allow the user to add captions after the video ends.
- Short videos are great for repurposing on YouTube and other social media sites.
- Let your live video or video rest for 24 to 48 hours before paying for advertising
- Share your live video to your personal page to gain traction on your business page
- Add a photo to your video using canva or picmonkey. Any tool that allows you to build graphics.
- Boost your video and target a specific audience. You can also target your email database using the Facebook Ads Manager.
Snapchat, Messenger or Instagram Stories
- Build a story around your business
- Share tips on what you provide and how the consumer can benefit
- How to connect with you
- Behind the scenes information.
- Tell your audience when you will go live.
- Send an eblast to your database
- Welcome people into your live event
- Tell people when you will start the actual learning.
- How will you answer live questions? As they appear or at the end of the event.
- Horizontal video is important if you intend on reusing the video.
Use your video with a lead pages product to sell your information, products or videos. I use Leadpages to build my landing pages. A lead page allows me to capture information from the consumer and provide information, count down pages and so much more. This is the one tool I feel is a must have for any business.
- Share relevant content about your product or service
- Don’t give everything away in the video. Provide a link where the consumer or follower can purchase the full version or the item. Yes, your landing page built with tools like leadpages.
- Provide the steps for something! 5 steps to selling your home fast.
- 10 ways to leverage your LinkedIn account
- If you’re a real estate agent showcase the cities you work in or the best restaurants
- How to videos
- The steps to home ownership
These are only a few ideas for video. Take a few minutes and write down 12 topics, then break down each topic into 4 segments. Now you’ll have 52 videos you can create for an entire year. Yes, it’s that simple.
Want to learn how to create short videos on your iPhone? Join me on my Facebook Group. Smart Girl Media Live to get access.