Generate Leads with Snapchats New Feature
So, what is this new feature? The new Snapchat feature allows your friends and others to see your exact location, literally. My daughter, Lauren, figured out that the new feature let’s everyone know when she is at home in the house. That might be concerning for many. The great part is you can turn it off and switch to Ghost mode. Setup Ghost mode or leave your location mode on. The choice is yours. Steps to allowing the world to see you or not!
- Pinch your screen while in snapchat. The first time you pinch you’ll see these steps:
2. Find your friends and select who can see your location. Do you want to become a ghost or allow your family and friends to see you? Real Estate and networking Tips below.
3. Ghost mode prevents the world from finding you. When in ghost mode you’ll have the ability to find those that turned off Ghost mode. Turn it back on when you want people to see you. Just don’t forget to turn it off. Otherwise, anyone has the potential to find you.
4. If you add specific friends they have the ability to view your story. A story built around a specific group of people. Maybe your family, high school friends, real estate friends, your company, college friends, etc.
5.When Ghost mode is turned off others will see your bitmoji. That’s me below. My husband, kids and immediate family can always see me on the map.
6. When in Ghost mode only you can view your location. This image doesn’t appear on anyone else’s map. You’ll have the ability to view others on the map but they can’t see you.
This new feature might have you worried. I would definitely turn it off when at home or when I’m out and about. With social media we should be concerned that it’s so easy for someone to find us. However, if you are take advantage of the location feature, in our out of Ghost mode, it might help with your real estate business. Think, when would you want people to know where you are?
- Open Houses – tell your network to find your next open house via Snapchat.
- Networking events – let others know where you are so they can connect
- Turn on the feature when showing houses so your family can find you. This is a great safety tip.
- Are you member of an organization that has events? As a Women’s Council Member, I can turn on my location so you can find me at the next events.
- Tell others when you’re in the office.
What other ways can you use the location finder? Think out of the box and start building a business based on location. If you aren’t 100% ready to turn on your location, create a new Snapchat account just for business and log out when your done with your event. Or just don’t forget to switch to Ghost mode! Let’s get snapping! Follow me on snapchat with user ID: CarrieJoLittle