This is the time when it’s time to “think outside the box” as we work to a new normal for the next few weeks in real estate. We are all concerned about operating our businesses during social distancing. As we adapt it’s important to make sure our buyers and sellers remain at ease during a temporary change in how agents work. Real estate is an asset to the economy and will continue to be. Below are simple steps to keep the real estate industry moving forward.
- It’s time to start creating video – I’ve been telling this to agents for the last few years. If you haven’t started creating video, now is the time.
- Showcase specific rooms in your listings
- Create video the is motivating and inspiring for your followers
- Provide value to your sellers by offering suggestions to keep their homes clean from any bacteria and viruses – clean your home, wash your hands and check in on your clients and friends.
- Drop of cleaning items for your sellers – hand sanitizers, Clorox bleach wipes and a can of Lysol
- Do you have buyers that want to stop viewing homes? Buy them gloves and bring hand sanitizer. Better yet the seller might already have it available for you and your clients. However, if your clients don’t want to go, don’t go. Consider virtual showings and get permission from the listing brokerage to show via FaceTime or IMO. Bring the house to your client.
- Continue to market the home on social media
- Invest in Facebook and Instagram ads for your listings and to reach potential buyers.
- Watch the market data and be ready to explain it.
- Don’t panic – it’s important to keep calm for your clients
There are things we can control and things we can’t control. Take control of what you know and remain confident and the expert in your neighborhood for your clients. What suggestions do you have for your clients or to stay positive during the corona-virus outbreak?